Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday, May 16


Wednesday  May 16th

It’s 10:45 am.  I woke up about 8:30 this morning.  The last thing I remember last night was listening to Joey, Scotty and Kevin praying on the stage.  After what happened Tuesday night, their prayers were amazing to hear.  Joey and Kevin walked around the perimeter of the church property and anointed it and prayed for protection.  Last night I slept like a baby. 

After 3 days of living in the circle, I’m beginning to realize how difficult this is going to be.  I want to call Joey and see if he wants to meet me at Julie’s  Restaurant for lunch.  Some of the guys set up a shower for me in the back. It’s a lawn sprinkler turned upside down and attached to a frame above my head.  Then they wrapped a tarp around a few two-by-fours.  That’s just in case somebody pops in to say hey while I’m taking a shower.  I’d hate for people at Relevant Truth Church to see the pastor “for who he truly is.”  J   The shower is great, except for the cold.  It’s unbelievably cold.  I run back and forth to get wet.  Then I lather up, and start running laps again to rinse.  It certainly wakes me up!

I know that Jesus can and will provide the $6500 a month that we are praying for.  I know that God will bring 150 people to church soon.  I know that He has called me to stay in this circle until He does.  I don’t understand it all the time.  Often I feel really foolish. But I’ve never felt so confident that this is where I’m supposed to be. I don’t have answers, we don’t have resources, and there is no end in sight.  I’m living in a circle.  It’s weird, but Jesus put me in the circle. I know Jesus will get me out.

I’m spending a lot more time in the Word than I am used to.  I have always enjoyed it, but I have never had time to spend with this kind of focus.  The more I read, the more I face a nagging question.  How in the world has the Church gotten where it is?  When did we exchange Christ-like men who fought hard, loved hard, prayed hard, played hard, and acted like men, for the yellow sweater-vests that fill the pulpit in so many of our churches?  Don’t misunderstand; I have no problem with sweaters.  I guess I am just looking for men that love Jesus and could kick you’re A$$!  Men that love their wives  sacrificially, and would break anyone who threatens her.  When did our dudes get more manicured and pretty than their wives?  No wonder many men won’t come to church.  There is often no place for real men in the church.  Somewhere we exchanged relationship with Jesus for polite society.  I want friends like David’s 40 mighty men.  I believe I have several men around me like that.  I don’t want this pretty, perfect American version of church.  I want to love Jesus, love people, and piss religious people off.  Weird what you start thinking about when you have the time J