Thursday, May 24, 2012

I need your help!!!

I need your prayers!  RTC needs your prayers.  We have had to make some very hard decisions this week in order to obey Jesus and make it possible to reach as many people as possible.   The result has been a pretty intense smear campaign against our church, and myself in particular at times.  There are several people making some pretty violent threats against us, and our property.  Being here in a circle 24/7 makes those threats hit a little close to "home."  :)  I am not sure that I have ever had a more difficult two days in my life. 

There are two ways that you can help tremendously! 

1.Pray for Relevant Truth Church every chance you get.
   
So many in our church and on our leadership team specifically are under attack.  Ask Jesus to make us cunning as serpents and gentle as doves.  I will admit, I really wanted to invite some people into the circle with me yesterday to deal with my anger!  Ask Jesus to give us grace and strength to remain faithful to His leading, regardless of what is going on around us.  It feels like opposition is multiplying around us.  Jesus said to expect it, I guess I never thought it would be this intense.  Pray!  "He that is in you is greater than he that is in the world."

2.  Come out and stand with us at Relevant Truth Church this Sunday. 

I can't begin to tell you what it would mean to me and to my church family if our brothers and sisters stood with us for Jesus.  Yes, we are making hard decisions.  Yes, we are tearing down high places and erecting altars.  And yes, that makes us feel very alone sometimes.  But there are 250 people that read my last blog post.  You have been holding my arms up for 11 days!  You have been fighting and praying with me.  Now I am asking you to stand and worship with us this Sunday @ 6:00 pm in Brevard.  I am praying that God  brings an army of worshipers this  Sunday.  If you are a member of another church, I promise you, there will be no expectations.  Just come worship with your brothers and sisters this week.  Help us stand against the enemy. 

I love you all so much. 

For Him with no apology

Josh