Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2 AM, And Somebody's Outside!

Apparently people will stop at nothing to make this more difficult.  There are people walking around outside, making sure I know they are there.  They are parking their cars in a field next door and then coming on to the church property to screw with me.  Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be kids.  Based on what we've heard and have seen these past several days, I'm starting to get a little worried for my safety at night.
    Somebody brought me some pictures that some young adults have been making and circulating on facebook.  There's nothing like seeing your own face being sent out to thousands of people while people try to smear you.  From mocking the circle, to hate messages about me and our leadership closing down a skatepark.

Over 550 people have read one of my recent posts.  I want you to help me get this one out.  Please share this with everyone that you can for me.  I can't sleep until I write this down.

Yes,  I am a little scared.  When people threaten me with crowbars, and then start walking around, looking in windows after midnight every night, it kind of freaks me out.  
Yes,  it sucks to spend your life trying to love people, and then have them turn on you when you have to make tough decisions that they don't understand.  It sucks to know that your face is in front of thousands of people, while grown people call you profane names.  It hurts.  


Now....with that in mind. 


Keep walking, keep talking, keep calling me names.  Keep hiding behind your computer screen.  Keep writing anonymous critiques on this blog, because you don't have the courage to sign your criticism.  Keep trying to keep me up at night looking in my windows.....


I will not move from this circle until God says I can.  He controls the universe.  He controls my life, and He will control this church, regardless of the fallout.  The basketball court, volleyball net and gaming tables will be a great addition to this community, and a wonderful way for us at Relevant Truth Church to reach many families and teenagers for Jesus Christ.  He is what matters...and we will obey Him. 

Those of you who are reading this and support what Jesus is doing here, please show up on Sunday.  I serve an amazing God who will protect me.  To be perfectly honest, though, I'm kinda scared.  People are consistently around here making threats.  However, I will stay in this circle until 150 people worship at RTC on a Sunday evening.  If someone breaks in here tonight, we will deal with it.  Then I will stay in this circle praying until Sunday evening :)  Please come out and be part of a wonderful night of answered prayers this Sunday. 

I love you all

Josh