Wednesday, May 16, 2012


I’m reading through Exodus right now, and I’m blown away with how much I’m like the Israelites.  “Please bless us God, but do it our way!”  So often I want results that only come from total surrender and obedience to God without playing by His rules.  I want to think about what I want to think about, focus on my priorities, walk in my own selfishness, straight out just disobey God, and then I wonder why He isn’t blessing me!  I’m afraid we have totally perverted the doctrine of grace.  Grace is about God forgiving me, even though I don’t deserve it, when I repent!  Not when I throw up a half-hearted “sorry Jesus” when I want something.  These three days I have come face to face with my own sin.  I have just started to hear from God in unbelievable ways.  I thought he was going to lay some awesome wisdom and direction on me.  He just keeps saying “be holy, for I AM holy!”  There’s nothing like being alone with Jesus to make you see how unlike Him you really are.  The good news is, I’ve been confessing, and He’s been forgiving J  I don’t think I’ve been this light and free in a very long time.  I know He’s just getting started.  He will provide so only He can get the credit.  First, He’s going to forgive and purify like only He can.