Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Friday, But Sunday's Coming!

I'm starting to get really excited on Fridays.  When I realize that Sunday is only two days away, it makes me really antsy.  Last Sunday evening was epic at RTC.  Not because of anything except that there was an amazing atmosphere of true worship.  Joey and the worship team were great, but it was so much more than just music.  It seemed like everybody came in here ready to worship Jesus.  I think it was that spirit of anticipation that was so awesome.  People showed up hungry for God.

This Sunday, I am obviously still praying for a packed house.  I am praying that I go home this Sunday night.  But more than that, I am praying that Jesus is exalted, and we experience true worship and life change.  I want everyone who comes through the doors to come ready to blow the roof off of this place.  Jesus is amazing, and he deserves it. 

I am praying for several local church families to be represented here this Sunday.  I am praying that God gives us an amazing sense of unity and fellowship.  I am praying that we are unified in the worship and adoration of Jesus Christ.  I am praying that no one stays away because of a misguided sense of competition between local churches. 

I am praying the the Holy Spirit makes Himself so evident to all of us this Sunday evening.  I am praying that none of us leave without experiencing the touch of God.  I pray that God speaks to each of us through our time of worship, through the message, and through the fellowship of other believers. 

I am praying that if there are 50 or 250, that we will magnify Jesus Christ with the same amount of passion, commitment and intensity.  Pray with me for this Sunday evening.  Jesus will be praised.

I love you, Jesus loves you

Josh